Pango/GLib debugging in VS2015

Dear list,

I've got an issue with Pango, and have tried asking around in the GTK channel on gnome.org, but no bites.

Memory Access Violations are occurring upon PangoLayout function calls. I'm developing in MS VS2015, with no error text sent to output terminal.

It's a post "pango_layout_set_text" call to "pango_layout_get_pixel_extents" that's bombing out in "gobject-2.0.dll".

Do you have any tips on how to debug GTK in  VS?