Re: Pango/GLib debugging in VS2015

Hi Jeffrey,

The issue seems like that we need to get PangoWin32 (and if you are doing this via Cairo, Cairo) thread-safe on Windows.  You might need to for the time being use a private thread (or so) to do this.

With blessings, and cheers!

Jeffrey Sheen 於 2017/6/6 上午 07:35 寫道:
N.B. I've found pdb files related to the GTK DLLs distributed as part of the hexchat gtk-win32 project (https://github.com/hexchat/gtk-win32).

Executing with these in place, the VS 2015 debugger is showing me that there is an intermittent issue when "pango_layout_clear_lines" is called.

Ultimately a NULL pointer is passed to glib's "magazine_chain_prepare_fields" function.

The issue can be recreated by creating and destroying a UI dialogue a specific number of times. Each text block in the UI dialogue is rendered by creating and destroying PangoLayout and PangoFontDescription objects.

As this is an intermittent issue, and at a glib memory management level, I am not sure how to proceed.

Any advice would be appreciated.