Re: Compiling GTK

Hi;

On 23 May 2016 at 20:31, Kevin D Naughton <kdn251 nyu edu> wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently downloaded GTK and am interested in the files having to do
with printing (files located in gtk+/modules/printbackend). More
specifically, the GUI print dialog, but I am having trouble compiling the
code. From what I understand it has something to do with the Makefile.am
file. If anyone could give me directions on how to correctly compile the
code so that I can view what the current print dialog looks like I would
really appreciate it, thanks!

The strong suggestion for newcomers to the G* platform is to start
from this page on the GNOME wiki:

  https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers

and to use jhbuild, which is a tool that sets up a development
environment without disturbing your OS; downloads and builds the
required dependencies for various modules in the GNOME platform; and
lets you work and build your own code inside the environment it
creates.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--