Compiling GTK

Hi all,

I've recently downloaded GTK and am interested in the files having to do with printing (files located in gtk+/modules/printbackend). More specifically, the GUI print dialog, but I am having trouble compiling the code. From what I understand it has something to do with the Makefile.am file. If anyone could give me directions on how to correctly compile the code so that I can view what the current print dialog looks like I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Regards,

Kevin D. Naughton Jr.