Re: GTK3 application docs, unclear statement

On Wed, 2015-09-30 at 19:47 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
In

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/ch01s04.html#id-1.2.3.12.5

we have

Before we can make use of this schema in our application, we need to
compile it into the binary form that GSettings expects. GIO provides
 macros to do this in autotools-based projects.

I have still no idea what these "macros" are.

OK, seems that we have to replace given link

https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/2.36/ch31s06.html

by

https://developer.gnome.org/gio//2.36/ch31s06.html

But still my impression is that above statement is confusing, to build

gtk+-3.18.0/examples/application10

all I needed is

glib-compile-resources exampleapp.gresource.xml --target=resources.c --generate-source

gcc -o main main.c resources.c exampleapp.c exampleappwin.c exampleappprefs.c `pkg-config --libs --cflags
gtk+-3.0`