Re: Gtk::BuilderError Invalid object type GtkSourceView

On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 21:09 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
You could check the code for where they call dlopen() and whether or
not
they pass the RTLD_GLOBAL flag.

Thanks -- I already did after a first short google search.

In the nimcache directory containing all the C intermediate code which
is sent to the C compiler (gcc) for each project:

grep RTLD *
stdlib_system.c:        result = dlopen(path->data, RTLD_NOW);

And after a look in "man dlopen 3" I really think that when RTLD_GLOBAL
is not explicitly specified no global namespace is used, and so symbols
may not be found. That is a good explanation for the observed behavior.
I will see if I can specify RTLD_GLOBAL -- but maybe there are
disadvantages involved, so manually registering the GObject which do not
belong to the GTK core before asking the builder to process the xml file
may be sufficient.

Best regards,

Stefan Salewski