Re: Gtk::BuilderError Invalid object type GtkSourceView

On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 20:39 -0400, Scott Talbert wrote:
Basically, GTK assumes that its libraries are loaded into the global
symbol namespace.  I'm guessing that Nim is probably loading them into
local namespace (RTLD_LOCAL) and thus when GtkBuilder tries to load
GtkSourceView, it can't find it.

Interesting. I have to admit that I have currently no idea about global
and local namespaces of C libraries. Have to ask google or the Nim
developers tomorrow :-)

Currently Nim compiles to C (can also compile to other targets as well,
C++, JS and more, but C is the default.) Will investigate how it loads
libraries.

Thanks.