Re: What should be used?

Hi;

On 29 July 2015 at 18:31, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:
Emmanuel,
I asked  on the other thread but nobody replied :(

Don't hijack threads; it makes searching the archives impossible.

What is the minimum GTK+ version for GtkLinkButton signnal "activate-link".

Since it's only available in GTK+ 3, and there's no "Since" annotation
in the API reference, then it means it's available since the first
release of GTK+ 3.0.

And how to stop propagating the click on it with GTK+2 where this is
not available?

You can use the g_signal_stop_emission() function to stop the
propagation of the GtkButton::clicked signal, except that the
::clicked signal is marked as RUN_FIRST, which means that the default
handler inside the GtkButton (and any subclass overriding it) will be
run first — and only then will your callback connected using
g_signal_connect() be called. Which means you cannot prevent the
default handler from running.

Having said that, I must also warn you: do not try to support GTK+ 2
and GTK+ 3 in the same code base. It was doable back when GTK+ 3 was
new, four years ago, but the code base, requirement, assumptions, and
API have been diverging to the point of being a massive waste of time
— for you, for packagers, for users, and for people answering your
questions.

Either stick with GTK+ 2.24, or port to GTK+ 3.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io