Re: charts on gtk+

Hi,

On 02/07/2015 08:09 AM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
You mean something like MathGL but for the GTK+/cairo stack ?

I can't think of anything off hand which exists that does that, and
I would see myself using it at one point or another.

I would suggest that you do this with cairo directly, and not have
a hard GTK+ dependency in your library, i.e. you could provide a
GtkWidget as a separate thing, but have the main library only
depend on cairo, this would allow one to plug it into a GTK+
application easily, but also use it directly with cairo on a wide
variety of cairo rendering backends (can be interesting for
directly rendering charts onto a PDF surface for example).

Since zeta's goal right now is writing an application, I would suggest
to either embed a picture produced with MathGL or use cairo directly.
A general chart/graph drawing widget would be great, but I'm not sure
if zeta wants to do that now.

Greetings,
Florian