Different results when converting SVG to PNG with librsvg

Hi,

I am having trouble when I try to convert a SVG with librsvg to a PNG.

I tried this on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (testing machine) with librsvg2-2 2.36.1-0ubuntu1.1 and on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (developing machine) with librsvg2-2 2.40.2-1. The output on the former looks pretty much what I expect to look like:
http://i.imgur.com/708KPot.png
On the more recent machine with the more recent library the output looks like the following:
http://i.imgur.com/826BwqB.png
I have installed
ttf-mscorefonts-installer              3.4+nmu1ubuntu1
I have tried setting font-family:'Arial', sans-serif as well as other combinations (just Arial, without quotes, sans serif). The result stayed as in the second picture.

If I open the SVG with e.g. Inkscape on Ubuntu 14.04 it looks as expected, using other viewer like Remmina, rsvg-view-3, rsvg-convert generate this displaced output.

Actually I am pretty clueless since rsvg has a lot of dependencies which could cause this issue.
Where would be a good starting point to dig into this?

Cheers,
Paul