Re: glib/gdataset.c (quarky / stringy stuff)

hi;

On 20 October 2014 10:58, David Nečas <yeti physics muni cz> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:39:54AM +0100, John Emmas wrote:

Is that change effectively equivalent to what I did locally?

No.  As far as I can tell you can pass NULL key to g_datalist_get_data()
after this change.  If you do so and g_quark_to_string(data->key)
returns NULL (for whatever reason), the two NULLs will be considered
equal by g_strcmp0().  Whereas your change makes a NULL not-equal to
everything, even another NULL.

except that g_quark_to_string() can only return NULL if you passed
random garbage to it, because if a quark exists then a string
associated to it has to exist as well.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--