Re: Struggling to understand how to render to GtkLayout in a GtkScrolledWindow

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote

GtkLayout is NOT a canvas.

You need a canvas widget. Unfortunately, there is no blessed canvas widget.

Ok, then I think I was mislead by the documentation for GtkLayout, which states:

GtkLayout is similar to GtkDrawingArea in that it’s a “blank slate” and doesn’t do anything but paint a blank background by default

And the synopsis:

GtkLayout: Infinite scrollable area containing child widgets and/or custom drawing

So if GtkLayout isn't the way to go for a large, scrollable canvas... what is?

- ocharles