Changing GtkScrolledWindow's scrolling behavior doesn't work.

Hey GTK fans,

Recently I've been trying to adjust scrolling such that when the
scroll wheel is used, the window will scroll the height of a font. I
am using this for developing a text editor (not important though). To
clarify I'm aiming to have it scroll one line at a time.

I have tried using the following in my code, but it has had no effect.

    GtkAdjustment *vadjust =
gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment(source_view_window);
    gtk_adjustment_set_step_increment(vadjust, 12); // 12 is arbitrary
    gtk_scrolled_window_set_vadjustment(source_view_window, vadjust);

...I've been told by someone on IRC (irc.gnome.org #gtk+), that this
is being overridden in the code, and that I'll have to go change it.
Is this the case? If so, is anyone interested in a patch that will
allow this to be changed by setting an alternative GtkAdjustment?...

Thank you,

Lee