Re: Notebook widget with unequal page sizes in Scrolled_Window

On Mon, 2014-02-17 at 16:00 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
One solution may be: Do not put the whole notebook widget into a
scrolled_window, but put each page of the notebook into its own
scrolled_window. Will that work, and is that the the recommended way?

Seems to work fine indeed -- I simply defined

class Gtk::Notebook
  def append_page_scrolled(w, l)
    h = Gtk::ScrolledWindow.new
    h.add(w)
    self.append_page(h, l)
  end
end

and used it like

dc.append_page_scrolled(table, Gtk::Label.new(sec.to_s))

instead of formerly

dc.append_page(table, Gtk::Label.new(sec.to_s))

That gives me the desired behaviour -- maybe it will consume some more
memory, but that should be not a problem.