Button events

Hi all,

I am using gtk with C for a project I am working on and given that I am new to gtk and relatively new to C I would appreciate some help.

I have created a couple of interfaces I want for my project, two gtk tree view and two gtk list store. In all these interfaces the view and the model changes, some have less columns and rows than the others. I want to be able to interact with all the interfaces with a series of buttons I created. What is the best way to do that? Apparently callback function don't work properly in this case.

In my experience from Java I could use the ActionPerformed method and have the button respond to any events happening. Can I do something similar in gtk? Like
if(button1 == clicked){
     call_function1();
}else{
     call_function2();