Gtk::TreeView multiple selection with keyboard

Hi,

if I have the :multiple mode for Gtk::TreeView selection I can select
several rows with the mouse or keyboard. But how can I activate them,
like I do it for single rows with a double click of the mouse or the
return key of the keyboard? Also, is it also possible to keep the
current selection selected? If I press return on a multiple selection,
all but the row with the cursor gets deselected.

Cheers, detlef