Re: Accuracy of motion events

hi;

On 29 August 2014 22:29, ax487 <ax487 gmx de> wrote:

I am wondering about the rate at which pointer motion events are
generated. In my application I draw strokes on a canvas. I noticed that
if I move the pointer at a high velocity the strokes no longer appear as
smooth as for slower pointer motions. The time between motion events (>=
10ms) seems to be inadequate to capture the motion correctly. Is there
anyway to increase the time accuracy?

motion events (and touch update events) are compressed on a per-frame
basis, since it the correct thing to do for every class of
applications *save* for drawing ones. for those, we have API to
disable event compression on a per-GDK window basis:

https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-Windows.html#gdk-window-set-event-compression

your application should benefit from this API.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
http://www.bassi.io