Re: Would it be possible that gtk implementation in C++

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM, 黄羽众 <ihyzi 163 com> wrote:
Compare to many people here, I am freshman in GTK/GTKmm. I make this proposal just because sometimes I miss the day when I am using QT/Android/HTML5.

In that case, I'd suggest you take a look at Vala [1,2]. Vala is a new language, reminiscent of C# and Java, that's built around the GObject system that's at the heart of GTK. This means that there's no impedance mismatch between the language's object system and GTK objects. It handles memory management for you (though you can play with pointers if you really want). It compiles to C, so it'll run everywhere.

I've been using Vala for only a little while, but I'm thoroughly impressed. Give it a look.

Robert

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/ValaForJavaProgrammers