Re: tooltip with drag and drop between two treeviews

https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/blob/master/libs/gtkmm2ext/dndtreeview.cc

this is the gtkmm code i use. the problem is that the DnD information used within the treeview is all based on paths within the treeview's model (e.g. drag the 3rd row), rather than the types of mime-indicated data types that you get when you do a normal drag-n-drop (e.g. from a file manager or web browser window). so you need to do some work to create different drag/drop targets that will have some meaning outside of the treeview.

alternatively, the drop on one treeview has to be able to interrogate the model associated with the drag source.