How can I hook into any X input events sent to my app?

Hi,

In my application, I want to record how much longer user has not did
anything, including key pressing and mouse pressing in any area of any
of my windows.

If I can hook into the very core the event dispatching, then I can
recored a timestamp. In other place of my application, I can check this
timestamp and decide if I should do something.

How can I accomplish this with GTK+?

Thanks in advance.

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then