Re: Installation Query

On 2013-07-11 10:06, Healy Eugene wrote:
Hi,

I have subscribed to this list on advice from Marcus at acc, I had
asked him the following questions regarding installation of the
Windows 32 mirrored version of Gnome.

I have been asked to install the following package (gtk+-bundle
2.24.10-20120208 win32.zip) and am hoping you can answer a couple of
questions re the installation process.

There are a large number of executable files in the Bin folder - do
all these need to be run and is there any particular order which they
should be run?
Is there a setup file anywhere which automates this process?

If anyone can answer these questions I'd very much appreciate it.

Installation is usually limited to just extracting the zip file you
mentioned above.

If you intend to develop software linked against shared libraries
from the bundle, you'd preferably extract to a path that does not
contain spaces (ie C:\devel\gtk+-bundle would be OK but
C:\Program Files\gtk+-bundle is not).

If you do not intend to develop software but instead want to use
the bundle as a runtime environment (for programs developed on
another machine), paths with spaces should be mostly ok (depends
a bit on the program and the things it depends on).

As for configuration, although not always necessary, you'd want to
run the following from a "Command Prompt" or batch script:

cd C:\path\to\my\extracted\gtk+-bundle\
bin\gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe > lib\gdk-pixbuf-2.0\2.10.0\loaders.cache
bin\gtk-query-immodules-2.0.exe > etc\gtk-2.0\gtk.immodules
bin\pango-querymodules.exe > etc\pango\pango.modules

mvg,
Dieter