Re: EXTERNAL: Windows Installer for Gtk+3.6.2 and gtkmm-3.6.0

OK, I think I have to talk now. The technical reason behind the lack of "official" GTK+3 Win32 bundle, is that someone needs to provide a reusable and predictible FULL build environment. That means, folks running Win32 must be able to grab a big package containing GTK+3 source with everything needed (MSYS, MinGW, dependencies, a.s.o), install it easily, click on a "build" shortcut and get resulting binaries in a dest folder. And it should adapt to every new GTK+3 release out there, so we can get binaries for each version as time goes by. I made such system. It's not perfect, but well documented and runs natively on Windows XP/Vista/7/8. Everything works. You can see it here : http://www.tarnyko.net/repo/gtk3_build_system/
So, what's the problem ?
Well, we get to the second reason, and it's purely "relational" : there is no official maintainer anymore. That means, no-one which could validate me, or anyone else, to have write access to GTK+ servers and upload bundles. And finding someone to help you is not easy. I tried many ways, this list, IRC...
Well I thought I might get it upstream, but was proven wrong (months ago).
It's very sad.
And I'm glad you're sending this messages Balint because I think it very negatively impacts the GTK+ project and its credibility, just as you do. I spent time to get this build environment running, thought that I could find support, was wrong, and deceptively switched to another projects (currently improving ValaIDE, big release is coming). So I'm sending this ultimate message in a bottle : PLEASE someone validate me, or anyone wanting to contribute, as Win32 maintainer -or at least "bundle provider". Or at least discuss the topic seriously once. Benjamin Otte if you're reading this, GNOME love folks... anyone.
Regards,