gtk_widget_override_color and other things

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with code like the following:

GdkRGBA color;
GdkRGBA black={0.,0.,0.,1.};
gtk_widget_override_color (widget, 0, &black);

gtk_style_context_get_color (gtk_widget_get_style_context (widget), 0, &color);

Printing out the values of color shows: 1., 1., 1., 1. !

Is this a bug ? How is it possible to get the "override" colour for a
widget/state ?

However, the override seems to work for most built-in widgets. There
are a couple of exceptions though:

- it seems to be impossible to set the border color for frames - I
have tried with override and CSS properties "color",
"background-color", and "border-color".
- it seems impossible to set the background color for GtkEntry (except
when the entry is insensitive), only the selection color can be
changed

Also I have noticed that gtk3 seems to be a lot slower at rendering
than gtk2 in some situations. For example, I have a vbox inside a
scrolled window which contains 256 textviews and a checkbutton. It
takes over 10 seconds in gtk3 before the window appears. Similarly,
just closing the window takes 4 or 5 seconds too.

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman