Generating and propagating touch events

Hi All,

I am new to GTK+. I want to make a touch simulator in GTK+. Basically I already have a GTK application and I want to provide a way to test touch events in that application even if the application is running on a computer which does not have any touch screen.
      I thought of creating GdkTouchEvents and put those in event queue using gdk_event_put(), but it does not look straight forward. Structure GdkTouchEvent has many members and I am not sure what to fill in those. Just for testing I did not fill many members like 'device', 'sequence', 'axes' etc, but I got following error on running the app:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_device_grab_info_libgtk_only: assertion `GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)' failed

Is it possible at all to generate and send touch events on a computer with no touch screen?

Please guide me.

More information about my environment:
OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Gtk version: 3.4.2