Re: Internationalization of GLib/GTK+ applications

2012/10/9 Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>

if you're working in C/C++ then everything that is written there is still 100% applicable (since it does not describe GNOME specific i18n mechanisms - just gettext and its helpers and relatives).

if you want to do a more effective search, the word "gettext" is a more appropriate place to start googling.

    I've read some parts of the gettext manual before posting here, but my doubt was due to the AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT macro and the mails I've read that said that using glib_gettextize instead of autopoint and gettextize was a bad practice, but as I'm just starting in the i18n world I didn't know why. I tested the change and a lot of files were copied to my ./po, then I switched back to the GLib way and posted this. If the method used in that manual is still appilcable, I'll use that, and wait for the next (or spare) time to dig deeper and actually read the official GNU gettext manual. Thanks!

Regards,
  Alex

PS: also, thanks for the good work with all the great audio stuff, Paul.