Internationalization of GLib/GTK+ applications

Hi,
  I've spent the last days adding i18n to a project I'm working on. I've been looking for some manual or reference that could help me with that task and I've found this very well written and explained document [1].

  The only regret I can think of in that document is that it was written a long time ago, so when I followed the steps it states and got almost everything in place I found some people, in lists and blogs, warning about the usage of the macros used in that document and also about the initialization scripts. So I searched a little more and I've not been able to find nothing like this document updated to how things work nowadays. So that's what I wanted to ask to the list, if there's some updated manual, tutorial or similar about internationalization of Gtk applications. I've found a lot of documentation about translating GNOME and its applications, but almost nothing about external applications (as the one i'm working on).

Thanks,
   Alex

[1] http://people.gnome.org/~malcolm/i18n/