gdk-pixbuf-2.26.4 cann't find the TIFF library.

Hi all,

In order to compile and install gdk-pixbuf-2.26.4, it must have the libtiff installed first.

In my case, I first install the tiff-4.0.3 by using the following method:

-----------------
werner@debian-asus:~/software/gnome/for_gtk/officialwebused/tiff-4.0.3$ ./configure --prefix=/home/werner/software/gnome/local && make && make install
---------------------

After this, I add the following lines to .bashrc and source the .bashrc file:

--------------
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:~/software/gnome/local/lib/pkgconfig
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:~/software/gnome/local/lib/
-------------------

Finally, I use the following command to generate the Makefile for gdk-pixbuf-2.26.4:

werner@debian-asus:~/software/gnome/for_gtk/officialwebused/gdk-pixbuf-2.26.4$ ./configure --prefix=/home/werner/software/gnome/local

But I meet the following errors in this step:

--------------
checking for TIFFReadRGBAImageOriented in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFWriteScanline in -ltiff... no
checking for TIFFFlushData in -ltiff34... no
configure: WARNING: *** TIFF loader will not be built (TIFF library not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly

Why does this happen, could someone please give me some hints?

Regards

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.