Re: More Win32 redrawing problems

>>> On 2012/08/11 at 02:48 PM, Dieter Verfaillie <dieterv optionexplicit be>
wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:54:05 -0400, John Lindgren wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have another problem with GTK+ widgets not redrawing properly on
>> Windows.  It seems that inactive windows are trying to save CPU time
>> by
>> not drawing on obscured regions, but somehow they get it backwards --
>> the region they don't draw is the mirror image (horizontally) of the
>> region that is actually obscured.  This video illustrates the
>> problem:
>>
>>     https://www.box.com/s/b337fb9fc84499b0ef6e
>
> Seems like this regression might have been introduced in
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?id=fe67f04a16bf5edeae6a925051ed1a81
> 1638619d
>
> which was to fix:
> https://live.gnome.org/action/recall/GTK%2B/Win32/test-gtk-2-24-win32?action=rec
> all&rev=22#scrolling_artifacts
>
> As always: Hints, ideas and/or patches to fix the current issue
> without reintroducing those scrolling artifacts are most welcome :)

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the reply.

John's problem is with GTK+ 3.4, and as gdk/win32/gdkdrawable-win32.c is not in the 3-4 branch, its difficult to see if this landed there?

I am better at release management (building, scouring for patches, choosing versions, etc.), but happy to test possible fixes, etc., so please shout if needed.

Regards,
Martin

Vrywaringsklousule / Disclaimer:  http://www.nwu.ac.za/it/gov-man/disclaimer.html