How to disable "recently used" in filechooser?

Hi,

I am quite a bit annoyed by the "recently used" feature that was
introcuced into GTK3's filechooser (and even backported to GTK2).
Often I just would like to save a file in my home directory which had
been selected by default in the old filechooser - however now I _have_
to click, because I can't save files into the virtual "recently used"
folder.

Is there any way to disable this new feature system-wide?

Thank you in advance, Clemens