Re: A thumbnails widget

Hello Milosz,

Thanks for you thoughts, I will do what I can to accommodate them.

My initial thought was to reduce all input images by a fixed factor supplied by the caller (I would use 3% for my own application), along with a fixed spacing between images again supplied by the caller (again, 10px for my own application). If I can figure out how to use a user-supplied renderer, I will of course incorporate it.

My own style is to develop from the base code, and my current thinking revolves around GtkImage, GtkScrollbar and GtkTable, but I need to think through the issues, and try a few experiments, before I can come to a well-informed decision.

For what it is worth, I am using Code::Blocks 10.05 in a Windows 7 64-bit environment (gah!) while fighting issues on multiple fronts. Once I have "defeated the enemy(ies)", I will be looking to port to Ubuntu. Then, and only then, might I have something that might be considered useful. My ideal, which is probably unrealisable, is to have something that could be incorporated into Gtk itself. (Me, ambitious? Yes, but I have got to have *something* to aim at!)

Best Regards,
Phil Hart