Re: Win32 - invalid cast GdkPixmap to GdkWindow in gdk_event_translate

Thanks, plain text from now on.

Upgrading to a newer version of Gtk would be the preferable option
from a development standpoint, but unfortunatly doesn't hold true from
a business perspective.

I have tried the following pre-compiled Gtk binares and noted the
following issues:
2.16 - Can't multi-select in tree view without tree-items
expanding/collapsing by themselves
2.18 - Doesn't paint properly with wimp theme
2.20 - Tree view isnt reorderable

I had some other issues with 2.22 and 2.24 but neglected to take notes.
Ultimatly, we will need to upgrade the Gtk version we use but for now
there is still weight on trying to fix 2.4.

I should have also added that the issue we see manifests in a widget
not repainting by itself nor responding to UI, yet still responding to
gtk calls to repaint, press, etc.

As a side note, I could run newer windows builds through the
application I work with as a part of QA if that would be helpful.

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Maarten Bosmans <mkbosmans gmail com> wrote:

> Just a note: plain text emails are preferred on this list.
>
> See answers inline below.
>
> 2011/5/16 Ryan Krumins <ryan krumins gmail com>:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I have a fairly substantial Gtk application im working with that is
> > experiencing some seemlingly randomly timed, but consistent in
> > symptoms, crashes on Windows.

[snip]