Re: Scrolling Problems with a Floating Widget

Hi.

> So I gathered that I had to use my own GtkHScrollbar and GtkVScrollbar,
> like so
> http://whyareyoureadingthisurl.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/layout.png
>
> However I cannot get this working in GTK3. Can someone point me to an
> example, or simply explain the different components in how this can be
> achieved, so I can try to get it working?

I haven't tested this, but steps that you probably need to take are:

1. create widget hierarchy
2. set some sensible minimal size on your GtkTreeView
3. interconnect scrollbars with tree view by sharing adjustments

Minimal size can be set using gtk_widget_set_size_request() and
adjustment sharing can be achieved using getters for scrollbars and
gtk_widget_set_scroll_adjustments().

Hope this helps a bit.
Tadej

--