Re-selecting icon in IconView

Here's another annoying quirk:

In a TreeView, if I click a row that is already selected, nothing happens.
I don't expect to get the changed signal from the corresponding
TreeSelection because the row is already selected so the selection did not
change.  This behavior is good.

In an IconView, if I click an icon that is already selected, I get
selection-changed even though the selection did not change.  This behavior
is bad.

Why these two views behave differently is a mystery to me.
--
Jeffrey Barish