Glib 2.0 dll

Hi All,
I am trying to use the latest glib dev package for windows that I downloaded from http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html. I was wondering if someone here was using "Visual Studio 6" ?
I have been able to successfully build a project in VS 6 and added the static libraries and header files for glib so that I can compile the C code that calls glib 2.0 functions for the hash tables and some n-ary trees. Now when I execute my code I keep getting an error that "libglib-2.0-0.dll is missing and install it", so I downloaded it from a DLL download site and placed it in the same directory as my executable but it complains that "The procedure entry point g_hash_table_iter_init could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll"!
So I am wondering what the best way of creating or obtaining this dll would be and how I can make glib work on windows 7 OS? I am not a windows user so please pardon my ignorance! :)

Cheers,
Manu

--

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
- Michelangelo