why is my gobject not introspectable with D-Bus?

Hello,

I am working through the first steps of publishing a GObject on the session dbus. I can't seem to be doing that correctly, since when I try to list the top level objects of the service, I am getting an error:

$> dbus-send --print-reply=literal --session --dest="org.area403.ui" /    org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

The program seem to work though, doesn't give me any warning when I call dbus_g_connection_register_g_object, and even mentions an object (path=/org/area403/ui) emitting signals,
as shown in the following output of dbus-monitor, working along side my application.

$> dbus-monitor
[....]
method call sender=:1.289 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=5 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch
   string "type='error'"
signal sender=:1.287 -> dest=(null destination) serial=7 path=/org/area403/ui; interface=org.area403.ui.controller; member=key_up

I based my code from the maemo dbus tutorial, and it's really simple, so what is going on!!?
Is it the call to dbus_g_object_type_install_info?
Is it the call to dbus_g_connection_register_g_object?

What tools other than dbus-send and dbus-monitor could I use to investigate (I looked at D-Feet, but it
doesn't seem to give more than what I can get with a couple dbus-send commands, save user-friendliness) (strace?)

I've included the code sample....

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks

Matthieu