Re: Strange coloured blocks

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 19:26 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 03:15 +0000, Phil Markham wrote:
> >

> > I changed the application font from Ubuntu-R to something else and the
> > problem went right away. It's a shame because I liked that font, and
> > rebuilding the font cache or messing about with anti-aliasing settings
> > doesn't seem to make a difference.
>
> That sounds like something the Ubuntu developers would be keen to hear
> about if you filed a bug on Launchpad.
>
> Try here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-font-family

Yes, that is what I initially thought - but rather than settling on
another font, I reinstalled the Ubuntu font from the latest packages and
haven't had a problem since. I must have either had an old version or
something may have just become corrupt locally. If the problem crops up
again, I'll be sure to report it.

Kindest Regards,

Phil Markham