Does dconf use a daemon?

Hi all.

I can't seem to install any gtk3 application these days without
dragging with it the 'dconf' package (I'm on Arch Linux).
Thing is i don't want any more daemons, and have so far been manually
building these gtk3 applications which saves me from having to have
dconf but (in return, these apps don't save their settings.)

I'd like to get enlightened on how I can have a a GSettings backend
that is light enough to load say as a library and not sit in my kernel
process list. Is dconf one such backend? Or does it have a daemon
running at all times?

Thanks!

--
Sent from my washing machine