Re: The best/standard way to use opengl in gtk

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 18:44 +0200, Ingo Krabbe wrote:

> > Clutter is the equivalent of CoreAnimation on Quartz; it should be used
> > to create dynamic and compelling user interfaces - and it should
> > definitely not be used to create GL viewports inside a GTK+ application.
> > in fact, if you try to fall back to pure GL it will probably be far less
> > performant than it would be normally.
> >

> I wonder what it is, that makes clutter so slow.

Clutter is *not* slow.

>  And what are the alternatives, to come back to the initial question.

the alternatives for 3D modeling? direct GL is probably a good option -
in which case GtkGLExt is a good place to start with. just because it
doesn't get many commits it doesn't mean it's dead.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name