Re: The best/standard way to use opengl in gtk

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:05:38PM +0800, Jin Huang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm a newbie of GTK, and working on 3D modeling software.  I want to
> create a window which can use opengl.  The choice seems gtkglext.
> However, this project is not active now.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Jin,

there a newer and better methods to work with gtk and opengl.  I think
clutter is one of the best approaches that is about to become de-facto
standard.  Parts of clutter depend on gtk+-3 though.  Gnome-3 will have
some clutter dependencies, too I think: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell

bye ingo