Contribution: portuguese translation for GTK+ 2.0 Tutorial

Hello!

My name is Peter Jandl Jr. I am a teacher in Brazil, working with C and Java  programming. I have no experience with GTK, but I want to learn and help my students to use this framework.

Considering this, I would like to contribute to the GTK+ project with the translation of the GTK+2.0 tutorial to brazilian portuguese.

May I do this work?

I got the file gtk-tutorial.20021027.tar.gz and I suppose that the first step would be translate the gtk-tut.sgml, but I have no idea on how to convert the sgml file to all other formats offered in that package.

I hope my help could be, some how, useful.

Thanks.

Peter