GTK+ 2.91.2 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.91.2 released
- Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:04:35 -0400
GTK+ 2.91.2 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading toward 3.0.
* GTK+ 3 will be parallel installable with GTK+ 2.x, and this release
has been prepared to test this by renaming all .pc files, libraries,
include paths, and so forth, to include a '3.0' component.
* GTK+ 3 will remove deprecated API from the GTK+ 2.x series and make
struct members unavailable that have been GSEALed in 2.x. Therefore,
applications can be prepared for porting to GTK+ 3 by making sure
that they build with -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and -DGSEAL_ENABLE.
For more information about porting concerns, see the porting guide
that is included in the API docs.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.91.1 to 2.91.2
* GtkApplication has been rewritten. It mostly relies on GApplication
API now. Remaining functions include gtk_application_new() and
* A GtkScrollable interface has been added and implemented by all
scrollable widgets. GtkScrolledWindow has ::min-display-width/height
properties to control the minimal size of the content area.
* GtkComboBox changes:
- Popups can be wider than the combo box itself
- The deprecated GtkComboBoxEntry subclass has been removed
- The deprecated combo box text convenience API has been removed
* GtkRecentManager changes:
- Store xbel file in XDG_USER_DATA
- Add gtk_recent_info_create_app_info()
- Add gtk_recent_info_get_gicon()
- Coalesce multiple changes
* GtkIconView allows tree models (ignoring anything below the root
* GtkProgressBar, GtkSpinButton, GtkEntry and GtkCalendar no longer have
their own input-output window
* gtk_widget_hide_all() has been removed
* GtkGrid: A legacy-free, height-for-width grid container
* GDK gained a GdkRGBA color struct containing 4 doubles, and various
GdkColor APIs have GdkRGBA counterparts now.
* Bugs fixed:
324899 GtkComboBoxText needs API to remove all items
438318 Deprecate and remove hide_all()
524304 Use XDG_USER_DATA to store the recent files
617174 gtkrecentinfo & GIcon
632381 gtk_combo_box_text_new_with_entry() adds two text cell renderers
632538 Move setting property registration in gtksettings.c
632539 Do not install gtkprivate.h
632677 restore copyright header
632736 change the window class of entry from INPUT_OUTPUT to INPUT_ONLY
632936 gtkcellrenderer gdkrgba changes not correct
* Translation updates:
Thanks to all contributors:
Tristan Van Berkom
October 25, 2010
] [Thread Prev