Re: GtkComboBox popup menu wider than the combobox

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 20:46 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Is there any way to make a GtkComboBox's popup menu wider than the
> GtkComboBox itself, or to disable ellipsizing so that is possible?

No, but the other way around. You initialize the combo with the
large cells, and then hack around to set smaller cells once
the widget is constructed.

In GIMP, we do the hack in style_set() because we need a style
property that scales down font size, but I'm sure you can do
it in another place too:

  layout = GTK_CELL_LAYOUT (gtk_bin_get_child (GTK_BIN (combo)));
  gtk_cell_layout_clear (layout);

Then set something "small".

No a solution, but a hack that has worked for a long time now ;)

ciao,
--mitch