Re: GtkComboBox popup menu wider than the combobox

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> Is there any way to make a GtkComboBox's popup menu wider than the
> GtkComboBox itself, or to disable ellipsizing so that is possible?

Unfortunately not, I've been wanting that also for Glade (particularly
the cell-renderer
editor does some hack that disables the ellipsizing at popup show time, but the
effect is not pretty).

I discussed this with Matthias briefly on irc as an "it would be nice"
feature, I think
essentially it needs some semantics to determine what are the limits
of the popup
menu to ensure the popup doesnt show up in a weird position (for instance does
it align with the left side of the combo or the right side ? is there
a size limit to the
popup menu width at all ? possibly it should flow outside of the
combo's allocation but
be restrained to fit inside a parent frame or scrolled window).

Cheers,
          -Tristan