Re: Creating an app with optional GTK support

Hello Andreas,

Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:26:00 PM, you wrote:

AF> I'm currently developing an X11 app and would like to use GTK only for the
AF> file chooser dialog. The rest is done entirely in X11. However, the GTK
AF> support shall be optional. If GTK is there, then my app will use the GTK
AF> file chooser. If GTK is not there, I'll simply ask for a file name using a
AF> fgets() on stdin :-)

After reading all the other answers and your addtional comments.
I would really question your decision to only rely on
libX11. What value does this add these days for your customers.

If you don't get around it, i agree with Chris Moller to just
outsource the whole file selection into a seperate process and fork
into it.

--
Best regards,
 Lothar                            mailto:llothar web de