Can't unmount flash drive after GtkFileChooserDialog in Windows

Hi,

I have a program that exports files to a USB flash drive which involves using a GtkFileChooserDialog created with GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SELECT_FOLDER to browse to the flash drive (or a folder on it) and then writing the files. The problem is that in Windows, when all is done I cannot un-mount the memory stick (via the Windows “Safely remove hardware” applet) because Windows reports that it is in use unless I close the program first.

The file writes in the export process all do fopen, fputs, fclose so those should not be causing this problem, and so I think it must be an effect of the GtkFileChooserDialog. At the end of the export process I call gtk_widget_destroy(dlgWin) where dlgWin was returned by gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons.

Is there anything I might be missing to tidy up after the GtkFileChooserDialog that might be causing this? I’m using GTK 2.16.6.

Thanks,

Ian