Re: Notification Widget

> So that you know, those bubbles are created by notification-daemon,
> which is communicated to by the client api in libnotify. In all OSes
> using notification-daemon or its descendants (namely, not any recent
> Ubuntu; Canonical's Notify-OSD does not support it), you can just use
> libnotify and position the bubble wherever you like.
>
> -A. Walton

Of course, please don't do that :b
Libnotify is for system-wide notification messages, not individual
application UIs. Although it could be used for what you want on its
own, we benefit from semantics in delivering a flexible software
ecosystem.
Do check out the notification-daemon source code, however, for a great
example of how to do this :) (That's the implementation used in Fedora
which does the colourful bubbles).

Notify-osd is the implementation used in Ubuntu. It's really easy to
understand the source code since it's quite young and has a very
specific design, so it could be worth playing with.
https://code.launchpad.net/notify-osd

Good luck!
Dylan