Re: Notification Widget

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Vikram Noel Ambrose
<noel ambrose gmail com> wrote:
> sledge hammer wrote:
>>
>> I don't have answers to your problems but have you tried  GtkInfoBar?
>> link-->http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkInfoBar.html I think it
>> is widget similar to the one you're trying to make.
>>

> Is this orange thing the infobar? http://grillbar.org/files/gtkinfobar.png
>
> I dont think thats going to work for me, because it doesnt overlap the
> parent window, it just pushes things out the way and fits itself inside the
> parent window. I literally need something exactly like the gnome panel's
> speech bubble thing I've see on distros like Fedora.

So that you know, those bubbles are created by notification-daemon,
which is communicated to by the client api in libnotify. In all OSes
using notification-daemon or its descendants (namely, not any recent
Ubuntu; Canonical's Notify-OSD does not support it), you can just use
libnotify and position the bubble wherever you like.

-A. Walton