How to tell the current time index in a GdkPixbufAnimationIter

Hello,

I need to know the current time index / frame number of an
GdkPixbufAnimationIter, or, at least, when the iterator jumped back to
the beginning after the latest call to the advance-method. Is this
possible? If not, regard this as a feature request :-)

[Background: I want to resize/flip/rotate animated images in my image
viewer. Since (at least for the resizing part) these are pretty CPU
intensive operations, I want to cache the results (in a GSList or
such).]

Regards,
Phillip Berndt

Ps. I'm not subscribed to this list, please cc your replies to me.