gtk 2.x installation from source help me please..dssd

./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk

the above code is the recomendation of your gtk installation.. must I install other packages (GLib, GdkPixbuf, Pango, and ATK) into /opt/gtk destination too.

Please can you help me with this. I have Debian Lenny installed and I want to program in gtk and compile just like the other .c sources (like gcc -o hello hello.c)
but I could not succeded yet.. When I look up into sysnaptic package installer I cannot find an appropriate environment for developing gtk examples (like qtcreate for qt
libraries ). the installed packages under the name gtk (from synaptic ) is gtk2.0-examples and gtk2-engines..