Re: Why GtkFontSelectionDialog doesn't implements GtkFontSelection?

Hi.

> I was reading the documentation of the GtkFontSelectionDialog and see
> that it implements own methods to set and get the GtkFontSelection
> properties. Why it is at this way? Isn't more correct and standard use
> methods of GtkFontSelection just casting with GTK_FONT_SELECTION() the
> font selection dialog?

It may be tempting to simply cast GtkFontSelectionDialog to
GtkFontSelection since GtkFileChooserDialog and GtkFileChooser work
like this, but there is one major difference: GtkFileChooser is an
interface that widgets can implement while GtkFontSelection is real
widget, not an interface.

It is possible to get font selection widget from font selection dialog
using gtk_font_selection_dialog_get_font_selection() (one must like
that name;), but you'll need unstable GTK+-2.22 for this function.

There has been some work going on to bring font chooser widgets into
21st century, but nothing has come out of that yet (and I lost the
link to the page with some mockups).

Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak